COMMERCIAL SOLID WASTE
Commercial solid waste collection is provided by Recology Vacaville Solano to business customers within the city limits of Vacaville and in the Solano County area surrounding Vacaville. Recology Vacaville Solano offers a variety of waste hauling solutions, including several bin choices, service frequency options, and compactor services, to meet the needs of businesses of any size.
COMMERCIAL SOLID WASTE OPTIONS
Commercial customers have a variety of bin sizes and service frequency options to choose from. Additionally, Recology Vacaville Solano offers Waste Zero Services to help businesses apply best management practices for collecting waste materials through audits and consultations. Their Waste Zero Team is available to help businesses implement new waste diversion programs or improve exiting programs and make sure businesses have the resources they need.
Depending on the type of business, the team will:
- Visit your site to discuss sustainability goals and potentials space requirements/restraints
- Conduct audits of your waste stream to suggest bin sixing and reduce costs
- Customize your service options and equipment to meet your needs
- Provide fliers, and training at no additional cost
To schedule a consultation, please call Recology Vacaville Solano at 707-448-2945.
COMMERCIAL SOLID WASTE
|AVAILABLE CONTAINERS||SERVICE FREQUENCY OPTIONS|
All businesses in Vacaville are encouraged to recycle whenever possible. Recology Vacaville Solano offers comprehensive recycling services that can help your business save money. By diverting recyclable commodities from your waste stream, you could reduce your garbage bill significantly. What does all this mean? Less trash and more cash for your business! There is no additional charge for commercial recycling services. Call Recology Vacaville Solano at 707-448-2945 for service.
MANDATORY COMMERCIAL RECYCLING
Per California State law AB 341, effective July 1, 2012, all businesses and public entities that generate four cubic yards or more of waste per week must have a recycling program. In addition, multi-family residences with 5 or more units, regardless of weekly waste generated, are also required to have a recycling program.
Recology Vacaville Solano offers comprehensive recycling services that can help your business save money. By diverting recyclable commodities from your waste stream, you could reduce your garbage bill significantly. What does all this mean? Less trash and more cash for your business! There is no additional charge for commercial recycling services. Call 707-448-2945 for service.
For more information on AB 341, please visit https://www.calrecycle.ca.gov/recycle/commercial/.
MANDATORY COMMERCIAL ORGANIC RECYCLING
In September 2014, the Governor signed into law California Assembly Bill 1826 (AB 1826). AB 1826 mandates the diversion of organic waste from landfills by requiring commercial businesses to recycle organic waste.
The law sets forth a gradual increase in the number of businesses subject to the requirements. The effective dates and thresholds are outlined below:
- On and after April 1, 2016 businesses that generate 8 cubic yards or more of organic waste per week are subject to the requirement
- On and after January 1, 2017 businesses that generate 4 cubic yards or more of organic waste per week are subject to the requirement
- On and after January 1, 2019 businesses that generate 4 cubic yards or more of solid waste per week, regardless of how much of that waste is organic, are subject to the requirement
In 2020, CalRecycle will conduct a formal review of all jurisdictions and make further recommendations as necessary.
Businesses are required to take one of the following actions:
- Source separate organic waste from the other waste and participate in a waste recycling service that includes collection and recycling of organic waste
- Recycle its organic waste on site, or self-haul its organic waste off site for recycling
- Subscribe to an organic waste recycling service that may include mixed waste processing that specifically recycles organic waste
- Make other arrangements consistent with the existing right of a business to sell or donate its recyclable organic waste
For additional details, see CalRecycle Mandatory Commercial Recycling at https://www.calrecycle.ca.gov/Recycle/Commercial/Organics/or California State Legislature AB 1826 at https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201320140AB1826
COMMERCIAL ORGANICS SERVICE
Recology Vacaville Solano offers organic recycling solutions designed to fit your business. Many businesses are surprised to learn how much of their waste is compostable. By diverting your organic waste from your waste stream, you could reduce your garbage bill significantly. To learn more, please call Recology Vacaville Solano at (707) 448-2945.
ACCEPTABLE MATERIALS – COMMERCIAL ORGANICS SERVICE Please place these materials in your green bin.
NOTE: Tree and shrub prunings must be cut small enough to fit inside the cart with the lid completely closed. Extra tree and shrub prunings may be placed in 32 gallon cans with lids and handles or bundled no larger than 2’x3’, using twine (no wire), then placed next to the green bin on your collection day.
UNACCEPTABLE MATERIALS Do not place these materials in your green bin — visit www.whatbin.com to learn how to dispose of these items
COMMERCIAL HAZARDOUS WASTE
Vacaville offers a CESQG (Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Generator) program for local businesses to provide an easy and economical way to dispose of hazardous waste that is generated from a business. A small quantity generator is defined as a business that generates less than 220 lbs. or 27 gallons of hazardous waste per month. Businesses that commonly participate in this program include painters, printers, labs, artists, builders, property managers, vehicle repair, landscape contractors, pest control companies and photo finishing shops.
Businesses must set up an appointment to use the service. Please call (800) 207-8222.
Since the start of the California paint stewardship program on October 19, 2012, PaintCare has set up 650 drop-off sites in California where the public can take unwanted, leftover paint for recycling. Most of these sites are at paint retailers (paint, hardware, and home improvement stores) that have volunteered to take back paint, and they are available to any resident and business in California. These stores accept paint whenever they are open for business.
Please note: Businesses that produce more than 220 pounds (about 20-30 gallons) of hazardous waste per month may use the drop-off sites for latex paint only. Contact PaintCare at (855) 724-6809 to learn more about the restriction. If you have at least 300 gallons of paint to recycle at your business, please contact PaintCare to learn about their free pickup service. For more details or to request an appointment, please call (855) 724-6809.
Vacaville PaintCare locations:
- Kelly-Moore Paints 105 Elmira Road #100, Vacaville, CA 95687 OPEN: Monday - Friday 6:00am to 6:00pm; Saturday 8:00am to 5:00pm & Sunday 9:00am to 3:00pm 707-449-1593
- Recology Vacaville Solano Household Hazardous Waste Center 855 1/2 Davis Street, Vacaville, CA 95687 OPEN: Saturday 9:00am to 3:00pm. Call hours Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm 707-448-2945
- Sherwin-Williams 141 Elmira Road, Vacaville, CA 95687 OPEN: Monday - Friday 6:30am to 7:00pm; Saturday 8:00am to 6:00pm & Sunday 10:00am to 6:00pm 707-449-1593
For California Paint Stewarship program see PaintCare California
For Paint Product Managment see CalReycle
OTHER HAZARDOUS WASTE
Hazardous waste drop off is available to businesses at the Recology Vacaville Solano Recycling and Household Hazardous Waste Facility by appointment only. Please call 1-800-207-8222 to schedule an appointment with the facility’s contractor.
Recology Vacaville Solano Recycling and Household Hazardous Waste Facility
855 ½ Davis Street Vacaville, CA 95687